In summary, what can the economics of consciousness do for us? Let me count the ways in which the new economics promises to solve the big-time economic items that plague us today and give us frequent crisis conditions. What is the new economics good for?
1. For the remedies of business cycles and for preventing economic meltdowns.
2. For creating new arenas of economic activities that will bring meaningful jobs for humans.
3. For creating new capital in the form of human capital.
4. For solving the problem of government interventions and how to keep the free market as free as possible.
5. For dealing with globalization and its discontents.
6. For achieving an economy of sustainability.
7. For eliminating wealth disparity between classes, poverty and hunger.
With all these crisis issues successfully addressed, my exuberant optimism about the new economics is that with its help, we will never again have economic problems that require more than a little tinkering for their solutions; we will never have meltdowns like the great depression and the recent great recession.
Let me make one comment in passing. There is one aspect of the power of the subtle that is always available for us to use to heal economic malaise, and we have used it before. It works by injecting hope. Ronald Reagan did it in the US in the 1980s, and Barack Obama did it to get us out of the tail end of the great recession.
(Source: Amit Goswami, Ph.D, “Quantum Economics: Unleashing the Power of an Economics of Consciousness”)