WHAT IS COURAGE?
· Courage is mastering our fears and getting on with the wonderful things life has to offer – even when it appears there is no road on which to travel.
· Courage is flourishing in adversity and facing life’s disappointments head-on.
· Courage is not allowing fear to take over and control our lives. It is making plans for ways to overcome those fears.
· Courage is accepting the responsibilities that would be more comfortable not to accept.
· Courage is performing the task that would be easier not to do.
· Courage is taking the least traveled path.
“Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount”. - Clare Booth Luce
“One man with courage makes a majority”. - Andrew Jackson
“Courage without conscience is a wild beast”. - Robert Green Ingersoll
“One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest”. - Maya Angelou
“When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers”. - Ralph Waldo Emerson